Observing people. They're unpredictable, mostly intelligent (or so we like to hope), and utterly fascinating. Observing buildings and objects, which are made by people, becoming as unpredictable and strangely fascinating. Observing all the other things that could possible happen on a University campus.

26 March 2009


Early English Books Online.

The type used for the letter "s" used in the early days of the printing press looks much like an "f". (though only in the intervocalic or interconsonatal instances) When one reads through this type, the first impression is that these people spoke with a lisp. "..in moft pointf of ufuful knowledge."

Note: Is there a word that means a letter inside a word, that applies for both interconsonatal and intervocalic? What about for the letter at the end of a word?


ww said...

I think "word-medial" and "word-final" would be the words you are looking for.

ww said...

P.S. The one at the beginning of a word would be "word-initial".